We don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day around here and I know the kids would be freaked out by leprechauns BUT I love an excuse for a new homemade playdough!
**I want to remind you that this playdough is not intended to be ingested! If you have a child who is still putting things in their mouth please use your best judgement and always supervise playtime!**
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/4 Cup Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Green Food Coloring (number of drops depends on the shade you want!)
- 3-4 Drops of Mint Extract (or peppermint oil)
- Combine dry ingredients and mix well
- Add mixed dry ingredients and wet ingredients to medium saucepan
- Stir continuously over medium heat until ball forms
- Remove from pan and let cool
- Once cooled, kneed dough to desired consistency
Invitation To Play
I love adding different loose parts to playdough to mix up our play time! Aside from our usual playdough tools, I added rainbow pipe cleaners, pom poms, feathers, silicone cupcake liners and shamrock cookie cutters. Adding unique items to our playdough not only extends the play time, but it is also so fun to see their imaginations at work!
We have been having a lot of fun with our homemade playdough and rainbow invitation to play! Thanks for checking it out!